Thursday, October 4, 2012

To the Obama Campaign


My contact with the Obama campaign began with a form fill-in link through a twitter post, I believe. I took issue with RTTT probably, and the de-funding of public education. Here is the response.



Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact President Obama and his reelection campaign. Your message has been read, reviewed, and recorded.  

As a grassroots organization built by the American people, messages like yours help shape the course of the campaign.  Although we may be unable to respond to your message individually, we do appreciate hearing from you.

If you would like to continue this discussion with the campaign in your community, you can locate the contact information for your local office by visiting www.barackobama.com/offices.

For more information on the upcoming election, and President Obama’s policies, please visit: www.barackobama.com

Thank you again for your input.

Sincerely,

Ann Marie Habershaw
Chief Operating Officer
Obama for America



Here is my return.




Thank you for your response. I will use the links you sent. 

I want you to know that I am torn right now. Despite my union's suggestion that Mr. Obama is the best choice, I will never be a "lesser of two evils" voter. 

Mr. Obama's support of legislation that serves to gut public schools and dangle funding in return for demeaning, costly and time consuming clerical tom-foolery instead of  inspired and responsive teaching...that is what could push me to an outsider with a platform that actually supports education that will support the middle class. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding and commenting. All comments will be reviewed, and only vulgarity and off-topic strangeness will be removed.